Fayetteville VA Coastal Health Care System
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
About the Program
The mental health service at VAMC Fayetteville provides consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being.
The Fayetteville VA Health Care Center (HCC) offers same day access to mental health care for Veterans who are enrolled in Primary Care through their Primary Care/Mental Health Integration Team ( PC MHI). PC MHI receives referrals from the Primary Care Team through a same day warm-hand off and/or follow-up referral for Veterans with mental health concerns. PCMHI offers short term solution focused therapy, groups and education for veterans in the primary care setting. PC MHI also serves as the gateway to Mental Health Service Line for Veterans who are not currently receiving any mental health services at the FVAMC Main Campus. Those Veterans requiring enhanced mental health care will receive treatment at the FVAMC Main Campus on Ramsey Street.
Mental health services provided at VAMC Fayetteville include treatments for —
- depression, sadness, grief
- anxiety, worry, nervousness
- addictive behaviors
- substance abuse behaviors
- relationship problems
- stress from medical problems and/or pain
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- emotional problems, such as managing anger
- vocational issues
- troublesome thoughts or ideas
- confused thinking
- aggressive or self-harming behaviors
- memory problems
We also provide outreach to homeless veterans.
For Mental Health appointments dial one of the following phone numbers: 910-488-2120, X7824 or X5483.
To schedule general Mental Health appointments or for specific Mental Health Programs, dial one of the following phone numbers:
- General Mental Health, FVAMC Main Campus, 2300 Ramsey St., Bldg. 48, 910-488-2120, x7824 or 7498/7499
- Substance Abuse Treatment Program (SATP), FVAMC Main Campus, 2300 Ramsey St., Bldg. 47, 910-488-2120, X5828
- Military Sexual Trauma or Local Recovery, FVAMC Main Campus, 2300 Ramsey St., Bldg. 45, 910-488-2120, X5839, 7780
- Trauma Recovery Program (TRP) and Psychological Testing, FVAMC Main Campus, 2300 Ramsey St., Bldg. 50, 910-488-2120, x7318/7320
- Telehealth, FVAMC Main Campus, 2300 Ramsey St. Bldg. 50, 910-488-2120, x7318/7320
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health consultant.
General Mental Health, Fayetteville HCC
Mental Health Clinic, FVAMC, Bldg. 48; Substance Abuse Treatment Program, FVAMC, Bldg. 47;
Military Sexual Trauma or Local Recovery, FVAMC, Bldg. 45; Trauma Recovery Program and Psychological Testing, FVAMC, Bldg. 50; and Telehealth, FVAMC, Bldg. 50,
- 910-488-2120 Ext. 7824, 5483,
- 800-771-6106 Ext. 7498/99, 7320
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm