Fayetteville VA Coastal Health Care System
About the Fayetteville VA Coastal Health Care System
Since 1940, the Fayetteville VA Medical Center (VAMC) has improved the health and well-being of men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can, providing medical, mental health, women's health care and specialty services to more than 74,000 veterans living in a 19-county area of Southeastern North Carolina.
The VA Medical Center of Fayetteville, NC is located at 2300 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC within 10 miles of Fort Bragg and Pope Army Air Base. In addition, Camp Lejeune and Seymour Johnson Air Force base lie in the facility’s catchment area. The Fayetteville Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) is a general medicine, surgery and mental health facility. The Fayetteville VAMC is a Complexity Level 1C Medical Center and is authorized 58 general medical, surgical, and mental health beds. It also maintains a 69-bed long-term care unit.
Recent expansion projects include: 260,000 sq. ft. Health Care Center in Fayetteville opened November 2015, 15,000 sq. ft. replacement CBOC in Jacksonville opened January 2016, plus a 10,000 sq. ft. CBOC in Sanford opened May 2016.
VA Mission Statement
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
VA Core Values - "I CARE"
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
VHA Mission Statement
Honor America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA Vision Statement
VHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based.
This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the nation's well-being through education, research and service in National emergencies.
Accreditation and Achievements
The Fayetteville VAMC has full accreditation by The Joint Commission, College of American Pathologists, Nuclear Regulatory Commission and accreditation for the Mammography Department from the American College of Radiology and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for homeless programs. We are recognized by The Joint Commission as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures.
The Fayetteville VAMC received the “Above and Beyond” Award from the North Carolina National Guard and Reserve. The award honors employers who go “Above and Beyond” to support employees serving in the National Guard and Reserves through policies and attitudes. The medical center also received recognition for support of the Disaster Emergency Medical Personnel System (DEMPS) for Hurricane Ike and Hurricane Gustav.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics and recent construction
In addition to our main facility in Fayetteville, we offer primary care and mental health care services at our Community-Based Outpatient Clinics. To expand care to Veterans, we opened a Health Care Center in Fayetteville in November 2015, a replacement Jacksonville clinic in January 2106 and a new clinic in Sanford in May 2016. For information about our clinics, visit the following web sites:
- Fayetteville VA Health Care Center, Fayetteville, NC
- Fayetteville Rehabilitation Clinic
- Brunswick, NC